Even though LED headlights are a relatively recent technological breakthrough, most drivers have heard of them. This is because they quickly gained popularity and more and more drivers opt for LED headlights when they need to replace old bulbs. Indeed, LED headlights are usually seen in luxury cars but this doesn’t mean that it should only be these cars that are using them. Even though you don’t have a luxury car, you should still consider investing money in LED headlights. They are worth the investment. Of course, there are pros and cons when it comes to these lights but it is best to make a final decision after you check these out. So, here is some more information on both the pros and the cons associated with LED headlights.
- Lifespan. A good LED headlight has an estimated lifespan of 20,000 hours. Because an average driver spends around 17,600 minutes behind the wheel every year, you buy these for life.
- Durability. These lights have a rugged design that makes them highly durable, so you can be sure that they won’t break and stop functioning in the middle of the road.
- Efficiency. LED headlights produce high-quality light with almost no heat generation. Since they don’t produce a lot of heat, the energy drain put on the car’s battery is significantly smaller compared to the drain produced by halogen bulbs, for example.
- Customizable. If you own a car that requires after-market changes for some components, you should know that LED headlights can easily be customized.
- Price. The technology that these headlights use is relatively new, so the price is still high. The design is quite complex as well, which means that extra money adds to final costs. However, if you consider the long lifespan of these bulbs, the initial investment is high but the long-term investment is small.
- Variance in quality. Unfortunately, there can be a large variance in quality considering the manufacturers who are currently marketing this type of light. This means that you will have to do a lot of research before you spend money on such a product.
These are the only two cons that we can think of. If you are ready to ignore them and do thorough research before you buy LED headlights for your car then you are safe from a bad investment. We can help you with a recommendation for LED headlights that proved their superior quality. Just go right here and find out more about the popular OPT7 LED headlights. These light have a 2-year warranty applicable both for components and for other issues. They use a dual-speed turbo cool fan that ensures high cooling rates thus preventing damage to internal components. They also come with an easy plug and play feature, which means that you can have them installed on the car by yourself, without an extra spend on professional installation services. How great is that?