Rowing workout machines are ideal for toning the upper body. Using the machine for 10 minutes two to three times a week will provide you more than amazing upper body tone and strength;
- It helps reduce the back fat and improve metabolism.
- Helps increase strength and endurance
- It helps improve the heart and the lungs’ performance or function.
- It helps reduce the risk of acquiring the disease.
- Experience lesser joint pain due to the low-impact.
- It helps improve posture.
- It helps low the risks of getting injuries
There are two popular brands of rowing workout machines that you can find in the market today – the Nordictrack Rower and Concept 2. If you are currently confused about which rowing workout machine to choose, the following are the pros and cons of the Nordictrack Rower vs Concept 2. You may also get a detailed version of the two rowing models at reliable nordictrack rower reviews or Concept 2.
The Nordictrack rower is one of the rowing machines that provide strong rowing strokes that supports all ages and levels of fitness.
- Product dimensions: 86.5″ L x 22.0″ W x 42.8″ H Footprint
- Weight capacity: 250 lbs
- 22-inch Smart HD Touchscreen
- Auxiliary Music Port
- Two 2-inch Digitally Amplified Speakers
- Designed with 24 digital resistance level and 20 preset workout apps
- Ergonomically designed and comfortable to use
- Has adjustable ‘damper setting’ resistance
- Constructed with a built-in sound system
- Easy to assemble and to store
- Not ideal for professionals (resistance can be too easy for them)
- Doesn’t have basic monitor such no heart rate monitoring option
- Can’t support the weight above 250 lbs
Concept 2 Rowing Machine
Another best-selling rowing machine today is the Concept 2; it is available in 3 models – model D, E, and Dynamic model. The rowing machines are used by several elite athletes for effective competitive training.
- Product dimensions: Model D – 96″ L x 24″ W x 14″ (seat height); Model E – 96″ L x 24″ W x 20″ (seat height); Dynamic – 76″ L x 24.3″ W x 21.5″ (seat height)
- Weight capacity: Model D, E, and Dynamic – 500 lbs
- Performance Monitor 5
- Color: Light gray with dark blue-gray accents
- Manufactured by a reputable brand
- Durable and stable
- Accurate performance monitoring
- Easy to assemble and store
- Designed with air-resistance flywheel that responds to every row
- Damper levels 1-10
- Wireless Bluetooth and ANT+ capable tool for heart rate monitoring. Also, can connect with a huge range of popular apps for fitness.
- Designed with games
- Supports a chest strap monitor.
- Too big that it can’t be easily transported from one place to the other.
- Rough rubber handle
- It can be a little noisy.
Both rowing workout machines feature options that are worth to purchase. However, if you are a beginner and on a tight budget, NordicTrack is a good option; meanwhile, if you are an advanced trainee or a professional who can pay for a good and quality rowing machine the Concept 2 is a good choice.